More and more people are finding that you can heat your home using more than the tradition forced air and an air duct system. At Hwy 103 Plumbing & Heating we offer our valued customers radiant and hydronic heating systems to more efficiently heat their home without blowing allergens throughout the house to do so. When you trust our highly trained technicians, you know that you are receiving nothing short of the best. Following is a little more information about what you can expect from our radiant and hydronic heating systems.
What is Radiant Heat in a Home?
When a homeowner decides to have radiant heating installed in their home, they are going to have a series of heating coils installed in the subfloor of their home. These coils will be distributed in every single room of the home to an even heating throughout the house. When in operation, electric current is sent through these coils and the heat will radiate up through the floor and heat the room. Heat is transferred through everything that is resting on the floor including furniture to give the space an even heat distribution.
Hydronic Heating System Design & Installation
Much like radiant heating, hydronic heating is essentially the same thing. If you have a boiler in your home, water will be used to distribute the heat. Where electric current is used to heat a home with radiant heat, water is used with a boiler and produces an even heat that is unbeatable.
Benefits of Radiant & Hydronic Floor Heating
There are many advantages that you will see when you make the switch to radiant or hydronic heating in your home. Some of the main benefits are:
– Heating Efficiency: You can plan on using 20-40% less energy when you choose radiant heating over traditional forced air systems.
– Allergen Control: Unlike forced air, radiant or hydronic heating doesn’t stir up allergens as it heats the home.
– Enhanced Zone Control: When you choose radiant heating, you can control each portion of your home with zone control.
– Increased Property Value: This is becoming more and more popular and buyers will be willing to pay for this feature in a home. You can expect to see increased home value.
– Low Heating Maintenance: You don’t have to worry about maintaining a duct system, fans, belts or other aspects of a forced air system.
– Heating & Cooling Combined: This system can be used for cooling as well as heating, even in places with extreme temperatures.
Radiant & Hydronic Solar Heating Services in Georgetown, Silver Plume, Empire, Downieville-Lawson-Dumont, St. Mary’s, Black Hawk & Rollinsville, & Idaho Springs, Colorado
When you choose Hwy 103 Plumbing & Heating to handle your radiant and hydronic heating installation, you know it will be done with the highest quality craftsmanship possible. With our attention to detail and focus on customer service, you can expect the best when you choose us for all your radiant and hydronic heating installation needs. It is our goal to ensure that no matter what the temperature is outside, you are enjoying the comforts of an energy efficient heating and cooling system indoors. Call us today!